Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Event In My Life

How I met my wife:


     One evening while bored out of my mind at my parent’s house, I was chatting to one of my friends online. My friend lived in a different town than I did, so we had a lot of different friends that the other did not know. I asked my friend to give me the instant messenger names of some girls that he knew so I could chat with them. My friend kindly sent me a few names and I started talking to them. After a few weeks of talking to the one girl, one day she had an away message up that said she was at class. Me being the smart ass that I am, I left her a message that said “no body at IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) goes to class.” Well, when she got back to her dorm, her and her friend saw my message and her friend started talking to me. We talked for a little while and they invited me to come up and visit them one weekend. I chatted back and forth with them for the rest of the week and eventually agreed to go visit them over the weekend. As it turns out after meeting both of the girls I liked my friends’ friend better and shortly after that we started dating.

     After doing the first part of the assignment, I had a conversation with my wife about her recollection of the how we met. She had a slightly different memory of how we met. She said that it was me who wanted to go and meet them, but it was only after seeing a picture of my now wife. She also added that I was primarily going to meet her because she was the one that I was interested in. She thinks that the friend who gave me the first girls name, whom she also knew, gave me that girls name to be funny. 

2 comments: