Friday, April 8, 2011

Government Shutdown

     According to the Associated Press (AP) about 800,000 workers are bracing for the potential U.S. Government shutdown. If the government does in fact shutdown these people will be sent home from their jobs without a paycheck. I don't have the time or patience to go into great detail about why the two sides of the Federal Government cannot come to an agreement on the budget for the upcoming year. However, I did find something very interesting about this situation. If the government does in fact shutdown and force people to go home without a paycheck, the Republican and Democratic Congressmen who are causing this shutdown will continue to be payed as normal. I think it is crazy for the people who at the heart of the problem to continue to get payed while thousands of other Americans are forced to sit at home and not know when they would be able to return to work and start collecting a paycheck again.  

2 comments:

  1. Well for some reason my comment did not comment so I'll try this again. I totally agree with that and think it's stupid that they still get paid. We really just need to get our shit together and come to an agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure things will clear out once our economy builds back up.

    ReplyDelete