Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding

     I understand that royal weddings do not happen all that often, but should it really be that big of a deal here in America? Yes, our country does have ties in our history with England and we have a good relationship with the country, but I doubt enough American's care. It was broadcast on almost every news station and they covered the entire wedding and talked about it all day Friday. I know that Channel 12 skipped showing the local news to make sure that they broadcast the entire wedding. Our country has its own problems and perhaps the news should focus on whats going on here in the United States, maybe looking at the hundreds of people who died in tornadoes all across the country this week, instead of spending all day talking about things that have no bearing on our country.

2 comments:

  1. I mean it happens very rarely so I understand why it was shown on TV, but every channel? Tha's a bit extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also has to do with everyone wanting to be a princess and how jealous they are that she gets to be one now and they don't.

    My vote says its not worth all the people following me around and being all in my life for me though. I think thats just weird. And I guess the everyone in the world watching the wedding is proof of how in your business they are when you're royal.

    ReplyDelete